10,000 Lives: A Houston DWI Documentary
The Houston Police Department got behind a great video which highlights the dangers of drunk driving and the epidemic of drunk drivers in the Houston area. Although the Houston area is notorious for drunk driving with Harris County leading the leading the nation in DWI offenders, local law enforcement is on their job working to promote public safety and do their part to tone done DUI incidents.
This production is an in-depth, gritty documentary about the impact of Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) on society The film was created by Houston-based video production company, Texas Pictures, for the Houston Police Department.
Points Covered in 10,000 Lives
Facts about the Crime of DWI
- Harris County is the worst county in nation as far as driving while impaired is concerned.
- People become accustomed to driving while intoxicated.
- In DWI related accidents, someone almost always dies. It’s usually the driver.
- Victims, offenders, and police officers were interviewed.
- Texas leads the nation in DWI crimes.
- 2 out of 3 Americans will be affected by a drunk driving in their lifetime.
- A DWI charge doesn’t have to involve alcohol, it can involve other drugs too.
- Prescription drugs can also lead to a DUI charge.
- A conviction for drunk driving is a permanent criminal record.